Bev is currently assigned to the following City board and committees:
– Responsible for providing oversight and consideration of audit matters brought forward by the City Auditor and the External Auditor.
City Manager and City Auditor Performance Evaluation Committee
Council Services Committee
Federation of Canadian Municipalities
– The national voice of municipal governments, dedicated to improving quality of life in all communities by promoting strong, effective, and accountable municipal government.
Inter-City Forum on Social Policy
– Addresses social policy, program, and service issues of concern to urban municipalities across Alberta.
Bev has also been at the forefront of a number of Council Initiatives, all focused on improving the lives of Edmontonians:
Traffic Safety Initiative
– Provide direction on enhancing traffic safety, with a focus on neighbourhoods and roads in the vicinity of schools.
Child Friendly Edmonton
– Promote safety, community involvement, and healthy mental and physical development for Edmonton’s children and youth.
– Identify strategies and actions to promote sustainable community development.
– Explores issues and opportunities for enhanced leadership roles and involvement in civic and community life and on an array of gender-based issues important to Edmonton women.
Gender-Based Violence Prevention
– Raising awareness and promoting prevention of domestic violence and sexual assault.